Cathy Valentine is a 200 hour certified Yogi with over 15 years of teaching experience. Her style has often been referred to as a mix of skill and spirit as each of her classes combines the physical challenge of Yoga asanas with a spiritual undertone, creating what has been referred to as an "alluring" experience. Her love of Eastern philosophy, spirituality and understanding of anatomy are all weaved skillfully into her teachings. By combining these skills with the ancient teachings of Yoga, Cathy's goal is to encourage her students to find insight and answers to life's deeper questions, creating transformation and liberation.
● Fully credentialed by Columbia Yoga Center, Columbia, MD
● Practicing Yogi since the late 1990s
● Hands-on teaching experience of various levels of Yoga since 2003
● Proficient in teaching many styles of Hatha Yoga including Power Yoga, VinyasaYoga, Gentle, Meditative, and Restorative Yoga
● Understanding the importance of body positioning, alignment, voice projection as well assafe hands-on adjustments while instructing
● Witnessing the progression and growth in the students’ Yoga practice
● Successfully organizing and executing Yoga retreats and workshops since 2011
● Specializing in outdoor Yoga events and retreats. Cathy's event team consists of a DJ and live drummer, catering to large crowds
● Offering 200 hour Hatha Vinyasa Teacher Training program certified by Yoga Alliance (RYS 200). It is a complete and progressive learning experience that deepens student's knowledge and builds a solid foundation for a working Yoga teacher in each of the following fields of study:
~ anatomy & philosophy
~ asanas & sequencing
~ teaching methodology
~ pranayama & meditation
~ history & philosophy
~ Sanskrit terminology
~ ethics & business of Yoga
Attention to each class member.
Cathy Valentine is an amazing instructor. When you take one of her classes you can tell right away that she's put in a lot of work, and that she is dedicated to the practice of yoga. Her classes have a wonderful balance between effort and ease, work and play, and there is a strong emphasis on alignment and moving with the breath. Her classes also have a great spirit-mind-body connection and are safe as well as enjoyable. Each time I take one of her classes I leave feeling stretched, strengthened and enlivened.
Cathy provides classes in yoga that are grounded in ancient traditions. Each class provides a new experience and a deeper exploration of the body. Her cues focus on alignment to prevent injuries; she also works with you to move beyond your fears. No class is ever boring and a great workout.
Cathy’s knowledge, training and deeply rooted passion for Yoga is translated in her dedication to her preparation for every student. This preparation becomes evident when you are in her presence. Whether she is one on one, conducting Yoga Teacher Training, in a Studio, or outside with a large all levels group at National Harbor, her insights, combined with gifted instinct touches the partipant at any level. As a Yoga Student, of 16 years, I sought to bring knowledge to my practice and to step into the role of Yoga Instructor. I have practiced in Recreation Centers, and Studio environments over my years as a Yoga practitioner. Cathy is authentic, in her respect of Yoga Practice, and where you are in your yoga practice. Cathy deepened my Yoga practice with education and acceptance. Without reservation, every class I have taken with Cathy has increased my yogic mind, body and soul knowledge, touched my heart, and given me gifts and tools to use and share daily. I am a better person to myself and to others. because I found this Instructor. I share this with my Instagram Followers & Facebook Friends. Try her one on one or check out her website to attend one of her classes in the DMV area. If you are interested in stepping into the Teacher role, contact her for Yoga Teacher Training. Namaste