I use a multi-tiered system for teaching that brings students from a rudimentary knowledge of how the body works to an advanced applied knowledge of combat.
Points of Focus:
* Defensive tactics
* Throws, grappling and submissions
* Joint manipulations, points of leverage and cotrol tactics
* Weapon disarming and weapon retention strategies
* All aspects of striking (giving and recieving)
* Conditioning a relaxed and strong combative body
* Good movement when engaged in a fight
* FMA knife and stick fighting basics
I love passing down vital knowledge and helping others to overcome personal and existential fears.
Joe is an awesome teacher who breaks down body mechanics of defense and gives great real life application. I can't wait until the next session
I start with physiological principles that prepare the student to move freely and without tension. With a set of simple exercises I prepare the student's mind and body for combat, slowly adding tactics and techniques to the progression of the principles on which my method is founded on.
* 7 years martial arts experience
* 2 years instructor experience
* Military veteran
* Licensed Personal Protection Officer
* $40 per lesson. Each lesson is 2 hours. For clients with limited time I can do a condensed lesson for $20 the hour.
I got my start teaching in February of 2017. I started a class on meetups.com and found there was a need for a more personal touch with my method of instruction. I am giving my students the opportunity I wish I had earlier in life. That's the opportunity to have specialized training that meets their needs and learning abilities.
My students range all across the board. I've worked with people of all ages and backgrounds. Men and women from all professional occupations including architects, municipal workers, businessmen and entrepeneurs have all learned vital skills.
I was very happy when I was able to teach a student of mine the applied skills necessary to take me down and submit me in less than 20 seconds!
Be humble, ready to learn and commit to seeking knowledge on your own. Be your own worst critic. Be prepared to grow in all directions.
Students looking to learn martial arts skills need to ask themselves who they're there for, why their learning and how much time they can invest in learning these skills.