DeOnte Jackson-Durden, CPT, PES, USAW L-1, Pn1 is a Certified Personal Trainer, Performance Enhancement Specialist, and Nutrition Coach who educates, energizes and empowers people of all walks of life to reach optimal levels of performance. He is the founder of Active Fitness Training, LLC in Renton, WA where he focuses on personal training, performance enhancement, long term athletic development, nutrition and lifestyle coaching to help serve the individual needs of a board clientele.
Fitness and sports has been a part of DeOnte's life since his early childhood years which helped him develop a foundation for an active lifestyle. During his senior year in high school, DeOnte was recruited for football by Butte College located in Oroville, CA where he was a student-athlete for one year. DeOnte then returned to Seattle and completed some undergrad work in exercise science and personal training certificate program at Bellevue College.
DeOnte loves working with and training people of all walks of life and desires that his clients reach their maximum potential. It is through this passion that he strives to inspire every person he has the opportunity to meet and coach to healthier living and a more abundant life through an active lifestyle. He believes by conditioning the mental and spiritual dimensions of health in concert with the physical dimension, people will experience true transformation.
DeOnte resides in Renton, WA, and on his down time enjoys family time with his wife and two sons, recreational basketball and football, rock climbing, and any other activity that contributes to a fun and fulfilling lifestyle.
DeOnte has earned the following certifications:
- NSCA-CPT - National Strength & Conditioning Association-Certified Personal Trainer (Certified since 2011)
- Pn1 - Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification (Certified since 2016)
- IYCA-HSSCS - International Youth Conditioning Association-High School Strength & Conditioning Specialist (Certified since 2016)
- NASM-PES - National Academy of Sports Medicine - Performance Enhancement Specialist (Certified since 2018)
- USAW L1 - USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coach (Certified since 2019)